Brisket on Genesis tips?

I used a scrap piece of metal to hold the grills up 4 inches so I could pop more chips in - almost EZPZ :) - piece was a brace inside an LCD TV

Yeah when it's long smoke it just is so much easier to pre make packets and just change out as needed

I have 2 smoker boxes so they can be swapped during a cook. Rarely should you need too much more smoke as it is said that the first 2 hours is when most of the smoke flavor is absorbed. That is what I heard anyway.

Joe, I have my regular V shaped smoker box and I snagged a rectangular one off a rehab last year. I load them both and swap them if the cook I am doing requires more than one load. But, really nothing wrong with the aluminum foil packs either.

Joe, I have my regular V shaped smoker box and I snagged a rectangular one off a rehab last year. I load them both and swap them if the cook I am doing requires more than one load. But, really nothing wrong with the aluminum foil packs either.
Funny - I bought one some time ago but pretty sure the 2 I have now also came from rehabs. Same with most of my BBQ tools.

Maybe I am missing something here, but since there are no pictures, I have a suggestion. As long as the piece of meat is not too large, remove one of the grates before starting. The remaining grate can be slid to whatever position you want leaving open space to put your smoker box/pouch. This would not require lifting the grate to refill the box or swap the pouch.

Back