brisket internal temperature

jason.yee

TVWBB Fan
hey guys,

i will be doing my first brisket on july 1st and im a little confused about the internal temperature when its done. ive read some people say 185F and other say 200-205F. which should it be?

You'll need to test for tender. That's when a brisket is done, not at a given temp. It'll vary.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
You'll need to test for tender. That's when a brisket is done, not at a given temp. It'll vary. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what is the method to test for tenderness?

Poke it with something sharp like a probe or skewer. If it is tender, it'll feel tender. The item will go into the meat with little to no resistance. Taste it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
Poke it with something sharp like a probe or skewer. If it is tender, it'll feel tender. The item will go into the meat with little to no resistance. Taste it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks. i will give that a whirl.

Jason, Dave's right. Use the temp as a guideline when to start checking for tenderness. If you are going to wrap it and let rest for a while then I would pull the meat out just as it starts to feel a little resistance when you probe it. It will cook a little more when wrapped in the foil in the cooler. Good luck. Post pics!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back