Brisket Help

Tom Chips

TVWBB All-Star
I've been reading this forum for a while, and figured its time to jump in and pick some brains. I appriciate any replys.

I have had great sucess with my pork butt using a flower pot style smoker ( don't start throwing the rotten vegetables yet ) I will probably break down and get a Webber Bullet soon as well. But for now I am very happy with what I have.

The problem comes to my brisket. I made one yesterday, 11 hours on a steady 230 degree heat, using hickory. I have read a few of the posts about basting, and think that might be my missing link. My flavor was good, but the meat was so dry, I will end up using it in beans or chili.

Judging by the rest of the cumilative experience from this forum, I would benefit from any advice.

Do most of you routinely baste your brisket? And has anyone just stuck with adding liquid to the water basin? Or both?

Thanks again

Tom, you may get better responses if you post your question in barbequing. As far as dry brisket goes ], I have the same problem at times and am looking forward to the responses.

My bad, thanks. And I even read the guidelines at some point earlier in the day. I have put it in the proper spot.

Thanks again.

Back