Brisket chili

Yeah Brian -- and if you used the canned chipotles, they add HEAT. You can over do it. I was surprised, and I like some kick to my chili.

Yup. I've never really seen chili without cumin. It adds a little sweetness to counter some heat.

Art, then you'd like the batch I'm making up right now. 4 huge roasted anaheims, 4 roasted japs, 1 chipolte, and a dash of Dave's Scotch Bonnet sauce. ( I have a head cold ) ...oh yeah, there some brisket, pork, lamb, and tomatoes in there too. LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scott Greenia:
No cumin?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> That was a suggestion ... right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a standard addition to my chilis, whatever the meat. Definitely try it, especially if you use dried or roasted peppers, particularly roasted; great combo.

Even better if you get some whole cumin seed and roast em yourself in a cast iron skillet then grind em. Mmmmm.

My chili is almost ready. This is torture! Been 3 hours and I haven't even tasted it yet. I never do. Up til this point ... it doesn't really matter.

Back