Brisket.. BBribs success

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well, I guess I passed my first session with the new SM with success! The brisket (after 15hrs) came out very flavorful (a touch on the dry side, however, but no one minded) and the ribs were stellar!

I kept an eye on the smoker (every 30-60min) from 10:30PM until 2:00am and it held its temp between 235 and 250. I went to bed at 2:00 woke up at 5:30 to check it and it was still right at 250-Amazing!

The only real mistake I made (and I think this might have been the "drying factor") was going back to bed after checking the unit at 5:30am. I forgot to check the water pan and when I got up at 7:00 the temp had soared to 310! Well,with a full pan of water and some vent adjustment, I got the heat back down to a more manageable 245...

I put the cooked brisket in a cooler (as directed by the instructions on the site) and it was nice and hot at 6:00pm!

Everyone loved the brisket and ribs- I can't wait to get it fired up again!

Nice!!

I had my first smoke of the season at my new home that I closed on Friday. First thing I wanted to do is fire up the WSM!!!

I made 3 slabs of baby backs this weekend at the new house,( to help feed the people helping me move)

I pulled the underneath membrane off the bottom of the ribs, rubbed them up with the bone suckin rub, and let them sit out on the counter while I got the coals going.

I lit up the coals in a weber charcoal starter, 30 minutes later add the coals to the smoker added some apple and hickory wood and threw the ribs on.

temps were running kind of high, got it down to bout 260 (i like to be at 250 or under)

Flipped them and basted with apple juice after about 2 hours, two hours later they were falling off the bone as I was trying to take them off. I like to sauce them up about 15 minutes before I will be taken them off.

came out perfect, 3 slabs were just about gone in no time!

I must say I love the Bone sucking rubs and sauce I will be using that from now on, (unless I can make a better sauce)

I have 18 pounds of boston butt ready to go for this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back