Brisket and ribs smoke - pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy.

Here are the pics of my latest smoke, brisket and ribs done this past monday:

Smokey Treats

This was the first time I used the MM for smoking, and it was absolutely amazing. Temps never got outside of my range, and I was able to get things done around the house without constantly going and messing with the vents. I think we all have a smoke when it all comes together and gives us a greater appreciation of smoking. For me, this was mine.

The brisket was a 4.5 lb (after trimming) flat from Costco. I used the Dallas Dandy Brisket recipe from Smoke and Spice. I made some changes to the marinade, using Pumpkin Ale for the beer and Mango hot sauce instead of adobo sauce. The next day, the marinade looked and smelled horrible, but when all was said and done, boy did the meat taste good.

For the ribs, spares from Costco, I used the 3 Guys Smokin' pork rub (a commercial rub) and the St. Louis Red sauce recipe from BBQ USA. The sauce tasted a little too much like worcestershire sauce for my tastes, but it was still good. I had my buddies over for lunch on Tuesday and we had ribs, brisket sandwiches, baked beans (from the recipe on this site) and extreme cornbread. Definitely the best smoke I've ever done.

Thanks so much for everyone's help in this cook. I couldn't have done it without all of you.

-Brandon

Dawg-gone-it!
icon_mad.gif
I can't look at Brandon 's pictures at work either. Filtered out by our "Big Brother" web program. I get an error saying blocked, reason "tasteless". Now make some better tasting food and post me a picture.
icon_biggrin.gif

Tasteless? Why, I never.
icon_wink.gif

Extreme Cornbread is a cornbread recipe that I found in the Washington Post food section. It used cornbread mix, creamed corn and canned corn. It's a fantastic recipe. I'll dig it up and post it in the recipe forum.

Chris,
Maybe it is a good thing you can't open them!! They made me start to brainstorm about what I am cooking this weekend!! And now I can't wait to start barbequing this weekend!!!

Brandon,
Nice rack! (Good looking Q, too). What brand rack are you using to hold those ribs? Looks fairly heavy duty, has space for ribs, and looks easy to clean. Don't think I've seen that particular style before.

Phil,

I don't remember exactly where I got it from, but knowing me, it was either from BBQ Galore or Kitchen's ETC. I usually buy Weber accessories, but the Weber rib rack doesn't look like that, so scratch that idea. I'll see if I can find it this weekend and let you know.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back