Brisket 212 internal

Brian String

TVWBB Member
Hi all,

First brisket smoked, third post here. Smoked for 8 hours and my Boss called. By the time I got to the grill to wrap and place in cooler
the internal temp was 212. Is this going to be bad? Have pics through out and will post later here.

Hi all,

First brisket smoked, third post here. Smoked for 8 hours and my Boss called. By the time I got to the grill to wrap and place in cooler
the internal temp was 212. Is this going to be bad? Have pics through out and will post later here.

Hard to say as some briskets aren't tender until they've reached 212. If it is bad, you have some options for trying to save it. You could pull/shred it like pulled pork and hit it with sauce. Or, slice thin and let it soak in an au jus bath to try and draw some moisture back in.

Thanks for replying!

Well, it felt jiggly when I picked up the foil wrapped jewel from the advancing lava! Should I be doing a BBQ dance to the Q'gods?

Luckily wasn't over cooked or dry. Strange though it lacked much of a smoke ring. Used Williams Sonoma Smoke House Rub on it and Kingsford hickory briquets with reg kingsford.

Back