Brinkmann water pan vs Weber pan

Status
Not open for further replies.

f.j. tedford

TVWBB Fan
I just finished my first long cook with the 2gal Brinkmann water pan. This was a long overnighter(19.5 hrs) brisket using the Minion Method. I think the Brinkmann pan probably saved me two extra fill ups vs the Weber. When I wanted to run errands during the day I just topped it off and left. I prodably could have let it go farther down instead of topping it off and had to fool with it even less than I did. I just was not sure how far I could let it drop before the temps would spike. I did notice that with the pan closer to the coals I get a good bit more sizzle when I do let the level drop.

For me a significant advantage of the Brinkmann pan is stability. Using the WSM's smaller diameter pan I always triple check to make sure I have it solidly resting on the brackets. I just know the first time I don't it will land in the coals.

I've got to agree with you, since I've got the Brinkman pan I have not used the Weber pan once. It seems like it is just an accident waiting to happen. This is one of the things that bugs me about Weber, they could make just a few little changes to the WSM that would cost them next to nothing to implement and make the WSM even better. I don't know about anyone else but IMHO I would pay the few extra dollars to not have to do these mods myself. Maybe a concentrated barrage of e-mails to Weber would open their eyes and help them to realise what a devoted following the WSM has. Thanks for listening and let me know if you think this could influence Weber and make the WSM what it should be right out of the box.
Don
P.S. I've got 2 Mr.Browns going right now plus some country style ribs. The ribs make a great chili.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back