Brinkman Water Pan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony G.

TVWBB Super Fan
Can anyone give me a source where I may purchase the Larger Brinkman Water Pan to fit the WSM?

Are there any tips I should know about when using this conversion?

It is actually the Brinkmann Charcoal Pan that you want. I purchased mine at www.hawgeyesbbq.com There really are no issues other than the Brinkmann pan fits much better and holds considerably more water than the Weber. Since getting the Brinkmann pan ans switching to sand I haven't used the Weber pan in over a year.

The pan is listed under cooking Accessories on their site, $9.99

The larger Brinkman pan is the Brinkman replacement charcoal pan, rather than the waterpan. If you have an Academy Sports and Outdoors store in your area, I've found that they normally have them for about $5 or less. I've also been known to buy them here and ship them to fellow WSM'rs for cost and postage, if you can't find it any other way.

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time

Just ordered my Brinkman charcoal pan to replace my stock WSM water bowl.
Question,,, I plan on using sand for the 1st time on my next smoke.
How much sand should I put in the bowl?
Also, since Im using sand, should I plan to baste more often since there is no water in there?
Thanks

The Brinkmann pan came into use as an enlarged water pan, so refills were less or unnecessary. To fill it with sand would end up being a big problem-- you will probably be fighting to get the temperature down. If you use it, no more sand than a stock water pan holds would be advisable.

Jeff

I use my WSM pan when I use sand and leave it set up that way. Cover the inside of the pan with HD foil and be sure it is tucked in around the lip. Fill up about 2/3rds. This will leave a depressed area. Then cover the sand with more HD foil and tuck in around the lip. You'll only have to replace the foil that is covering the sand after each cook. I really believe the Weber pan is better to use with the sand. Easier to cover with foil; a little studier, and doesn't take as much sand and is therefore less weight on the brackets holding it.

Shoudn't be any reason to baste anymore often because the water really wasn't providing moisture for your meat, just helping control the temp as the sand will be doing.

Be careful to adjust your temp on the way up. If it's rising rapidly make large vent adjustment, but if it's rising slowly, then small adjustments.

Paul

BTW...I did find the Charcoal Replacement Pans (15" diameter and 4 1/2" deep)at Academy Sports and Outdoors store for $4.99 each + Tax.

Thanks Keri!

HA HA HA!!!!
Me so stupid sometimes.
Not the ecb water pan, its the charcoal pan!
I tried the Brinkman water pan and thought to myself, that will never work and I didnt even think about the charcoal pan. Good grief.
DP

You can usually find the Brinkman charcoal pan at Westlake hardware, that's where I got mine anyway.

Anyone know where I might be able to find one in the Detroit area?

I know I can order one online at several sources but it would be nice to find somewhere to just pick it up at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back