Bracket for thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Evers

TVWBB Fan
Can anyone tell me where I can obtain one of those brackets for my thermometer like the one shown on this sight in, "Chicken, Chicken?" The one that goes thru the vent?
Thanks,
Larry

Larry,
I believe that is the standard bracket that comes with a candy thermometer. You may get some ideas for mounting your thermometer from the Mounting A Thermometer page, on this site. An alternative method of mounting the candy thermometer bracket can be found at the bottom of the page.

Larry,

I fashioned that bracket from the one that came with the Taylor candy thermometer shown in this picture. All I did was reshape the left side of that bracket so it clipped under the edge of the vent. When I upgraded from the Taylor thermometer to the Trend thermometer shown in the Chicken! Chicken! topic, I just drilled a larger hole in the bracket to accomodate the Trend's thicker stem.

One more thing...there is a 1 in 3 chance that Weber installed the vent such that the tabs on the edge interfere with the bracket. I learned this the hard way, because I tried using this bracket on a friend's WSM and it didn't fit. Solution: carefully bend open the vent stops inside the lid, reposition the vent to eliminate the interference, then reset the stops.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back