Bought another gasser….

My rehabs come like that all the time. I just remove them and straighten them out. Not really hard to do at all. Then, I flatten the tabs and drill holes where the two outside mounts go. Then, I re-install them with two screws each since the cook box has the mounts for it. I guess weber saved $.13 on each grill by using two screws instead of four. SMH.
Ok, that's what I figured that they just cheapened the part.

Steve, honestly, it lasted ...what...20+ years?
If it had two screws it would have lasted forever, but yes it still worked. That was kind of the thing with the Silver B vs. the previous generation 1000's, Weber figured out a way for the grill to cook pretty much the same and even hold up fairly well. You can see that corners were cut however, not even a critique so much as an observation.

The only reason why so many of us are here having this conversation today is because Weber made such a good product all those years ago. We don't talk so much about what Weber did right all those years ago, but more so the little niggly things that didn't withstand the test of time. Some of us even have a side-hustle of rehabbing these well-made products. We should be praising Weber, not taking them to task over trivialities.

Nuff said, peace out, homies.

Well, the one screw vs two screw change was just dumb in my opinion. Especially since the cook box still has the mounts for two. That is why I modify the slide rails to use two screws...because it just makes sense. I wonder how many calls weber was getting from customers with "bent" slide rails after only one year of use.

Well, the one screw vs two screw change was just dumb in my opinion. Especially since the cook box still has the mounts for two. That is why I modify the slide rails to use two screws...because it just makes sense. I wonder how many calls weber was getting from customers with "bent" slide rails after only one year of use.
Yeah, that's kind of the point on that. I'm sure the guy that thought of it was pretty proud of himself for saving the company two screws per grill and maybe even got a bonus but come on.

Back