Bottling and Selling Sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Liberman

TVWBB Fan
I been thinking about bottling and selling some BBQ sauce. Problem is, I have no idea what is involved with doing that (permits, process, etc.). Does anyone have any recommendations on places I can look to get information?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jon

Jon,

Piknik Products in Montgomery Alabama can private label your sauce based on your recipe. That might be the best way to go, and is typical of specialty sauces. My experience is that to comply with all necessary regulations and permits to produce food products for mass consumption is very, very expensive and time consuming.

Also, you may want to touch base with the Williamson Bros. Barbeque guys there in Atlanta. They sell their sauce throughout the Southeast and probably can give you some insight. Call Larry Williamson at the restaurant and tell him Pat Trammell from Talladega suggested you call. He's a nice guy and I am sure would be glad to chat with you about his experience.

Good Luck in any event. We can always use more great sauce!!!

Pat,

Thank you so much for your response and help. I will definitely call Piknik and Larry Williamson. I appreciate you putting your name and contacts on the line for a fellow Q'er. If anything comes out of this, I will definitely send some free sauce to members of this forum (Pat and Chris, you guys will be at the top of the list).

Chris, I will also do some searches on copackers. Looks like I have a start.

A comment on Williamson Brothers. Good restaurant and my wife and I have been there several times. Also, they definitely won a place in my heart after 9/11 when they went up to Washington DC and catered free BBQ at the Pentagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back