Boston butt leftovers

Rod C

TVWBB Member
My wife came up with a new way of fixing leftover smoked Boston butts ( at least new to us ). She sauteed some onions and green bell peppers, then put the meat on a stromboli style bun, then the the onions and peppers and then a slice of swiss cheese, she wrapped this up in tin foil and put in the oven for 10 min at 350 deg. These turned out very good. I had to eat a second one just to make sure the first one wasn't a fluke and so I wouldn't hurt her feelings.

yup,sounds good ... reminds me a bit of this place in Calgary that serves Vietnameese subs (??who knew there was such a thing) with roasted pork, stuffed with cilantro, red pepper, other stuff (no cheese though) then baked

A friend of mine took some Mr. Brown leftovers and made pork quesadillas with 'em. Said they were really good. If I ever had leftovers, i might have to try the sandwich method she did. Sounds yummy!

Sounds like you could make a nice twist on a Cuban sandwich with butt leftovers as well (usually it's just roasted loin).

That sounds great. I was looking for a way to use the leftovers. I think I like the cooking part so much that I needed some new "eating "ideas.

Thanks ,
Rick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Pruitt:
That sounds great. I was looking for a way to use the leftovers. I think I like the cooking part so much that I needed some new "eating "ideas.

Thanks ,
Rick <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome on Pizza with bbq sauce instead of tomato ... but you probaby have tried that.

That sounds really good. I will have to try it.

Another way to use up pork is to put it in a skillet and fry it in its own fat 'til it gets a little crispy; chop it up a bit and put it in a warm corn tortilla with some fresh salsa and sour cream. !Carnitas!

How about the famous Texas Spud. Baked potato covered in lots of butter, sour cream, pulled pork (or brisket), cheese and then bbq sauce, topped with pieces of green onion! It's a meal.

We tried the pulled pork on part of a homeade pizza last night and it was very good. My wife has come up with a couple more ideas to try so looks like I might be smokin more butts since we found you can fix them other ways besides bbq. Oh well you take the cards life deals you I guess, I'll just have to smoke more often I guess.

Don't forget you can turn it into awesome green chili (you'll find the recipe in the pork section) ----we serve it up on pan toasted tortillas---AND you can turn that green chili into fantastic enchiladas, cha cha cha. That recipe's on the board here, too. Man, that enchilada sauce cooks up velvety smooth. Good stuff!

Back