Boston Butt Fantastic!

Craig C

TVWBB Fan
Howdy folks, smoked an 8.5 lb shoulder over the weekend. My first overnight cook! Started at 10:00pm Saturday and finished 14 hrs later at Noon Sunday. Went to bed at 12:30am, temp on WSM was 250, woke up at 6:15am to find temp at 230. What a great smoker! Put on my first fattie for 4 hrs. WOW! Thanks for all the info on this site. It's a great help. If anyone is looking to buy a WSM, George Meyer Hardware in Cincinnati had a price today for $199 inc cover. Had mine for 5 yrs now, but I've never enjoyed it more until this summer after finding this site. Thanks again.

Wish I would have known this a few weeks ago. I had to mail order my WSM. Would have been happy to drive down from South Dayton area. I'm going to try my first overnighter this weekend. Looking forward to some pulled pork.

Craig, I got mine at a true value. I think it is blue ash. I went down 75 and went east on 275 to the first or second exit past 71. It was at the end of the ramp.

Curtis, I saw the true value in troy had one in there about a month or so ago. That would have been a close drive for you.

Curtis and Craig if you want to drive this far north. It is easy for me to come up with smoke wood if you need any. My nephew just took down an apple and maple tree. I will be doing some grinding in the next couple of weeks. I will be keeping an eye out on smoke wood. I have some sassafrass if you are in trying something really different. If you are interested you can look my thread up in the intoduction section.

You can email me jtmiller@woh-dot-rr-dot-com Remove the -dot- and replace with a .

Hey! I just noticed I am a pro now.

Jeff, congratulations on turning PRO. How does it feel???
icon_smile.gif

Hmmmm, maple... Interesting... I've got a friend with maple trees on his property (which he's tapped for syrup the last couple of years) wonder if he'd notice if I took a few chunks out of one of his trees. >
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff T Miller:

Curtis and Craig if you want to drive this far north. It is easy for me to come up with smoke wood if you need any. My nephew just took down an apple and maple tree. I will be doing some grinding in the next couple of weeks. I will be keeping an eye out on smoke wood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by Dan Allen:
Hmmmm, maple... Interesting... I've got a friend with maple trees on his property (which he's tapped for syrup the last couple of years) wonder if he'd notice if I took a few chunks out of one of his trees. >
icon_smile.gif

Offer to help him trim his trees. Maple is very good smoking wood, in my experience.

Thanks for the offer on wood Jeff. I'm in good shape right now, but I'll keep you in mind. Congrats on going PRO!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hmmmm, maple... Interesting... I've got a friend with maple trees on his property (which he's tapped for syrup the last couple of years) wonder if he'd notice if I took a few chunks out of one of his trees. >Smiler </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan, if it is a maple it probobly has dead limbs that can be cut out or already on the ground. My guess is a tree that is used to make syrup it would be great on Q.

Craig, no problem. The offer still stands. I am going to start setting smoke wood aside and get me a nice cache for such an occasion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff T Miller:
Craig, I got mine at a true value. I think it is blue ash. I went down 75 and went east on 275 to the first or second exit past 71. It was at the end of the ramp.

Curtis, I saw the true value in troy had one in there about a month or so ago. That would have been a close drive for you.

Curtis and Craig if you want to drive this far north. It is easy for me to come up with smoke wood if you need any. My nephew just took down an apple and maple tree. I will be doing some grinding in the next couple of weeks. I will be keeping an eye out on smoke wood. I have some sassafrass if you are in trying something really different. If you are interested you can look my thread up in the intoduction section.

You can email me jtmiller@woh-dot-rr-dot-com Remove the -dot- and replace with a .

Hey! I just noticed I am a pro now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being new to this art I have very limited supply of smoke wood. I would love to have some additional smoke wood to try. I have only tried Hickory so far. Let me know how to hook up. I wouldn't mind the drive up to Tipp City for the chance to try different types of wood.

Back