Boomerang !

D Larsen

TVWBB Super Fan
Well, I just keep coming back, every now and then !!! Thanks, Chris ! ...for keeping this all here !!! 👍 ❤️

...an excerpt from my last post, in Aug 2020 !!! :eek:

"I've been scarce around on the board... The WSM has been relegated to the shed for YEARS !!!...Decided to pull it out and dust it off !!! I have a hankering for ribs, but I never had much success in keeping the temps down, in my WSM...too much air ??? Even had Bryan S. come to my house in MD, and try to help control the temps...gonna try again !!! I now live back in my home state, Florida...I see new ideas about red silicone gaskets around the air leaks...I experimented with foil collars around the base, but didn't help much.."

STILL no luck with temp control...mine just runs too hot !!! ...gave up on it ! 🤷‍♀️

Now thinking of a Smoke Pro pellet smoker, with all the bells and whistles ! No need to stay awake all night !!! :ROFLMAO:

I was in the shed the other day, and noticed my old WSM, back in the corner...never DID get the temp control on my old wood handle WSM right !!! It looked kinda sad back there, covered in dust and cobwebs...I felt guilty :rolleyes:

Anyway, I stopped in here...looking for any updates to Steve's No. 5 recipe, a rib rub, and ANYTHING new posted by Kevin K !!!

:ROFLMAO:

I felt the same way about my E6 when it was new with the temp control.
I was convinced it wasn't going to do what I wanted....
A few more cooks and some experimenting and it's just really fussy as I would bet your WSM is.
I played with the vents, they work different than my performer......then I played with different coal and different heat levels when adding coal.
Now I can get it to do what I want.....230 grate temp and steady is about the lowest I can get it to hover without it trying to go out.
I only have about 2 cooks I want it that low so I have been satisfied......

Thanks for the responses, Darryl and Timothy !!! I forgot how great the WSM Crowd is, here on Chris's platform !!!

Yeah...did all the things for my old WSM...just got tired of fighting it, on its temp control !!! Life's too short !!!

May try to sell it...looks like it's now considered an "antique" Weber !!! Go figure... :ROFLMAO:

Back