Bone Suckin Goooooood Pork Steak

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
Yesterday I took one large pork steak and coated it with olive oil and rubbed it with Penzeys Florida Seasoned Pepper, 33rd & Galena and Forward. Wrapped and refrigerated for 24 hours.
DSC_5732.jpg

Smoker fired up with some peach chunks and pork steak added.
DSC_5789.jpg

Flipped over at the 1 hour mark and added some red potatoes, seasoned with Penzeys Northwoods Fire. Flipped them again at the 2 hour mark (no pictures) and sauced them with some Bone Suckin Sauce. Flipped one more time at the 2½ hour mark and sauced again with Bone Suckin Sauce.
DSC_5797.jpg

3 hours and done! I have no idea what the internal temp was, but the meat was toothpick tender which was good enough for me. Smoker stayed between 250 and 260 the whole 3 hours.
DSC_5799.jpg

Plated with a melody of veggies!
DSC_5803.jpg

Pork steak was very tender and delicious! I believe the 24 hours in the refrigerator, along with the Bone Suckin Sauce contributed to the great taste! And no I did not eat the whole steak.
icon_wink.gif
I cut it in half, along with some potatoes, and saved them for my wife when she returns tomorrow from Colorado.

Thanks for looking!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ethan G:
That plated pic looks fabulous! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yes it does! Killer meal!

Super looking pork steak and sides Mike!

Your post would serve as a great tutorial for folks wanting to show their cooks.
Prep shots with ingredients.
Cooking on the grill with details.
Finished and plated pics.
Final comments.
Great photos tell the rest of the story.

Back