Board Newbie Scores Big in Toronto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Schnell

TVWBB Member
Hey everyone. I'm an American living in Toronto right now. I needed a Weber kettle and posted an add on the Kijiji classifieds site saying I was looking for one. A guy contacted me and said he had a Performer for sale for $150. I snatched it up as fast as I could get there. It included a good amount of lump charcoal and a unopened cover. He said he'd only used it a couple of times and I believe him. It was in pristine condition and I feel very blessed. I've done a couple of meals on it so far and am loving it. This is my first Performer but second Weber kettle. I always thought the gas assisted starter was a gimmick but I love it now. I also love the Crate and Barrel colors. It makes me think of Mike Wasowski from the movie Monsters, Inc. I'm thinking I should paint a big eyeball on it!!
P1040244.jpg
DSC_0009-Version2_3.jpg
DSC_0001.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg

BTW - A brand new black Performer is going for $349 at Home Depot right now. Of course in Ontario you add 13% tax onto that!! I've heard the Crate and Barrel edition is going for around $400, so I feel VERY blessed to get this one for $150!

Great find Mark and welcome to the board. That thing looks like it's brand new. The performer is an awesome unit and a breeze to cook on but it looks like you've already got that figured out
icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats!

Sweet score. My wife's from the Toronto area so I know that's an awesome deal you got. Now you just have to find some deals on meat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Now you just have to find some deals on meat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah, that's the trick. It's hard to find deals on anything here. When I finish my doctorate and move back to the states I won't complain about prices quite as much as I did before. Chicken especially, is astronomically priced. My first cook on this baby was pork loin because it was so much cheaper per pound than a whole chicken when I was shopping.

My first car was a used '76 VW Rabbit that was the exact same color.

The car was a POS but I dig the color on a Weber Kettle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back