Blue screens on my lap top, Windows 10 ?

I back up all mine to a network drive via Windows backup utility. Maybe not the best option but seems to work well enough. Has made it pretty simple to migrate files form computer to computer and to new computers. All computers back up to one large drive and to separate folders. It is set to back up hourly, so I stay up to date. What I should do is switch to an SSD for better reliability in the network backup.

I back up all mine to a network drive via Windows backup utility. Maybe not the best option but seems to work well enough. Has made it pretty simple to migrate files form computer to computer and to new computers. All computers back up to one large drive and to separate folders. It is set to back up hourly, so I stay up to date. What I should do is switch to an SSD for better reliability in the network backup.
Well, if you are backing up to one drive, and that drive fails, your backup is gone. A network drive with two drives is better. If one drive fails, you replace the drive and the NAS copies the good drive to it. If the NAS itself fails, you can buy a new one and migrate your drives to it. (You might want to confirm that)

Gerry

Well, if you are backing up to one drive, and that drive fails, your backup is gone. A network drive with two drives is better. If one drive fails, you replace the drive and the NAS copies the good drive to it. If the NAS itself fails, you can buy a new one and migrate your drives to it. (You might want to confirm that)

Gerry
You are absolutely right and I know better. I just keep thinking that the chance of the computer and the backup drive crapping out at the same time is remote. If not for my distrust of cloud storage, I would do that. I worry that they can go out of business or hold me at ransom.

Back