Blue Performer off CraigsList

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry Mo

TVWBB Fan
Well after seeing all the deals on used Performers folks were finding on CL, I started obsessively checking CL and found one last week. It will be a nice addition to my WSM 22.5 and it cleaned up pretty well. The good news is it was $60, the not so good news was the previous owner dropped the lid and then left the lid and cooking grate outside to rust. It is a DZ Performer with a new AA lid, a new grate, some stainless steel hardware and a couple of hours of cleaning. Still a good deal I think since the other original parts look like it was barely used prior to the damage done to the lid.
100_0428.jpg

100_0427.jpg

100_0431.jpg

100_0429.jpg

I got it in Central CA. I replaced the lid and cooking grate once I got it home. I already had the cooking grate and sear insert, but bought the new lid and thermometer from Weber.

Very nice find! That looks brand new. I love my performer. The gas assist is great for starting charcoal quickly.

Enjoy!

Originally posted by Todd H.:
Heck of a deal Terry, Very nice!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TroyRedington:
was that the one in milwaukee!?
Troy, I picked that one up. Its Identical to this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

woo, glad someone here got it. i was going to pick it up for a friend of mine (who is always doing me favors like fixing my cars and stuff).

Dude thats nice! Did you get a new one touch system? I'm jealous, I've been looking for a blue performer forever. I ended up getting a black performer 2011 on cl for 140. I would trade your in a heart beat. Quick question, is that a non-weber gasser in that picture? Lol!

Everything on the Performer is original except the new lid I bought and the slightly used cooking grate I already had. I don't think the Performer got used more than a half dozen times so it was in great shape. The wife of the original owner said the lid got dropped by her husband after too many adult beverages and then the lid was left outside to rust.

Yes that is a Frigidaire gas grill (made by SureHeat)sitting in the corner. Now I will probably mostly use the gas grill to put my trays of prepped food on prior to cooking it on the performer.

Now I will probably mostly use the gas grill to put my trays of prepped food on prior to cooking it on the performer.

I use my Charbroil gasser to hold my chimney and that's about it! Charcoal has changed my life!! lol

Got it in Tulare County. I did email back and forth with the seller who listed the performer in Lemoore after I already bought this one, but I didn't ever go look at it.

could be. i never saw yer blue one in tulare co. i live in visalia and check listings almost every few hours. the lemoore stuff will be under the hanford heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back