BLTs

Clay Neubauer

TVWBB Pro
This summer I've been trying to make a point of experimenting with different breads whenever we fire up the brick oven to make pizza and have several hours of heat to work with. This is a rather different direction from the hearth breads, pitas, etc. you'd normally think of with wood fire, I got a Pullman pan to play with formed Pain de mie sandwich loaf. But first, a few pies while the fire's still ablaze.

Margherita.jpg

Salami.jpg

Pullman.jpg

Second attempt, this bread is delicious and has wonderful texture but I'm not quite getting it to rise against the lid and create the perfectly square loaf that was the goal. May have to vary the yeast a little or give it a try in a conventional oven where the temperature can be controlled more precisely? Oh well, much like barbecue, even the things that frustrate you are still worth eating!

8A5F8A6B-B379-4CCE-87AC-0ACDCBFC78D5.jpeg

Time to pick a few nice heirloom tomatoes from my turd hearse raised bed garden.

Turd%20Hearse.jpg

A little neighborhood bird-watching, of the turbine powered bug killing kind.

602.jpg

Bacon I cured from a buddy's hog with a broken leg that we butchered last winter. Farm to table not just a restaurant industry buzzword :cool:

Bacon.jpg

Time to burn a little gas in the Genesis now.

Grilling.jpg

Don't mind the unsightly dirt piles, drought isn't good but we're taking advantage to clean silt out of a pond my grandfather built back in the 1960s that was never deep enough in many places. Should be a big help with moss in my swimming hole, and maybe some better fishing too.

1A9D2942-16C4-485C-A7AF-DF2E588CA6F11.jpeg

There's a lot of great summertime meals, but a plate of this is awfully hard to beat.

Plated%20BLT.jpg

Good looking sandwich and I enjoyed the story.

I would eat BLTs every day if I could, but I've been warned not to eat too much, uhm lettuce.

Good looking sandwich and I enjoyed the story.

I would eat BLTs every day if I could, but I've been warned not to eat too much, uhm lettuce.
Ugh, there's not much I hate more than seeing an intriguing recipe and then having to wade through a bunch of touchy feely story BS to actually see it! But on the flip side, I've been around this forum long enough that it kinda feels like family and it's a little different than just trying to suck random people into looking at your post on the interwebs.

I put in enough lettuce to call them legitimate BLTs, but certainly not enough to call them LBTs or any other weird pronoun! Keep bacon great.

This summer I've been trying to make a point of experimenting with different breads whenever we fire up the brick oven to make pizza and have several hours of heat to work with. This is a rather different direction from the hearth breads, pitas, etc. you'd normally think of with wood fire, I got a Pullman pan to play with formed Pain de mie sandwich loaf. But first, a few pies while the fire's still ablaze.

Margherita.jpg

Salami.jpg

Pullman.jpg

Second attempt, this bread is delicious and has wonderful texture but I'm not quite getting it to rise against the lid and create the perfectly square loaf that was the goal. May have to vary the yeast a little or give it a try in a conventional oven where the temperature can be controlled more precisely? Oh well, much like barbecue, even the things that frustrate you are still worth eating!

8A5F8A6B-B379-4CCE-87AC-0ACDCBFC78D5.jpeg

Time to pick a few nice heirloom tomatoes from my turd hearse raised bed garden.

Turd%20Hearse.jpg

A little neighborhood bird-watching, of the turbine powered bug killing kind.

602.jpg

Bacon I cured from a buddy's hog with a broken leg that we butchered last winter. Farm to table not just a restaurant industry buzzword :cool:

Bacon.jpg

Time to burn a little gas in the Genesis now.

Grilling.jpg

Don't mind the unsightly dirt piles, drought isn't good but we're taking advantage to clean silt out of a pond my grandfather built back in the 1960s that was never deep enough in many places. Should be a big help with moss in my swimming hole, and maybe some better fishing too.

1A9D2942-16C4-485C-A7AF-DF2E588CA6F11.jpeg

There's a lot of great summertime meals, but a plate of this is awfully hard to beat.

Plated%20BLT.jpg
Good living right there.

I love BLT’s.
The first time I made our own bacon the four of us sat and ate BLT’s until bedtime.
Home made bacon and BLT’s always equals a good time here.

Back