Blackstone Grill

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
My bride & son have shown much interest in getting the 36" 4 burner Blackstone Grill. It doesn't do anything for me, but I'm considering giving them one for Christmas. Any thought regarding it? Cons... Pros.... It's $399 at Lowes The Cover is $60 or if I bought everything it would be $476 with tax, $517 out the door, with 6 months free financing $86 a month until June

Griddle, not grill. 😁

I’ve got the Blackstone 36”. I love it, it makes absolutely killer breakfast stuff, I’ve yet to try steak or anything really for dinner. Easy to use and clean....the more you don’t clean it the better the stuff tastes.

Complaints: I’m not entirely sure my griddle is flat. It seems to have some low spots, just have not put a straight edge on it. It’s of lesser quality than I expected, the igniter button and gas knobs are pretty cheesy but they work. It had missing paint and surface rust in places right out of the box but nothing major. Just a bit of a bummer.

Get it. It’s killer, but it cooks FAST! Eggs are done almost as soon as you pour them on, I can finally make pancakes (I for the life of me cannot make pancakes inside, they get crusty and blah), and have a ton of real estate to work with.

I don't have a SC membership, so the Blackstone it is. Need a couple things anyway, so Lowes gets the nod. Thanks everyone for your comments

Given the level of quality difference I saw I think it would be worth the membership. Yeah..................it looked that good

Given the level of quality difference I saw I think it would be worth the membership. Yeah..................it looked that good
Believe me, I gave your first comment some serious thought. Some things that came into play that I didn't know when I started this post is that:

1) My son's girlfriend's dad has one and my son has cooked several dinners for them on it
2) When my bride & son were talking about it, they were mentioning it by name, size and burner count (not to be confused with the 24")
3) The way I figure it, if they don't like it, I can take it back and get the MM instead. Believe me, I've had much practice putting stuff together only to return it later

I have both ChuckO. MM at my shop for the guys on Friday afternoons, and the Blackstone at my house. I prefer the Blackstone. I have a 22 with a stand and a cover, but if I had to do it again, I’d get the 36. Easier to leave a burner off on a 36, than add one on a 22! You’ll be fine.
3068D650-8B31-4861-8C47-16DCD77A0DF5.jpeg

We gave our son his grill today, he and I put it together. Because he had his wisdom teeth pulled two days ago, the plan was for him to cook the salmon on his Blackstone. One of his teeth was infected before it came out and he's pretty under the weather. I have no idea how to grill salmon, so I'm going to break out the kettle since it's raining and that wouldn't be good for the pellet pooper. Here's a picture of the grill all assembled and seasoned

eKuC4fY.jpg

Back