Blackstone flat top

Works well. Takes 10 to 15 minutes or so to heat up. I have the heavy duty rcplanebuyer flavor bar so it can definitely support the weight. I think it has around 15 pounds. This setup should work on many other gas grills and long as it fits. Mine is about 20x10. Likely any other cast iron will work.

I have not tried that. At times when i grill and i open the lid on the Silver B it quickly cools off.
When i use the Lodge i always keep the lid open so it may not get hot enough on the top of the grates. Directly on top of flavor bar is deeper inside the cookbox and shielded a little better.
I could try it and see how it works.

Last edited:
Bruce (and others wondering) I use my large cast iron Lodge Chicken fryer on my flavo bars all the time. Most of the time when I make my killer fried chicken I do it outdoors in this pan on the Weber (or on the Wolf). I do not put the cast iron pan on the flavo bars in the Wolf though for 2 reasons. One the way they're supported in that grill and two with the extreme heat output that grill has there is no need. But, on the Weber grills I regularly take the grates off and nestle the large cast iron pan down there. Put in the required amount of oil for my frying get the grill going and fry away. Beauty of it is if oil splashes/spatters it's not all over my kitchen :D and the heat is very controllable as well. I fry more than chicken like this as well. We love fried calamari as well. It requires the oil to be VERY hot so it can flash fry or it's like eating rubber bands.
As for the griddle I never thought about putting it onto the flavo bars because it makes manipulation of what you're cooking harder to do. Plus it get PLENTY hot sitting on the grates.

Geez, I never even thought about putting the griddle on the flavo bars. I also never thought about pan frying in the grill. I learn new stuff here every day.

The 2015 Spirit E-210 at our primary home has the Weber Gourmet BBQ system with CI grates and the removable circular CI insert. https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/care/gas-grill-replacement-parts/7586.html

It came with this CI griddle which works perfectly for many foods. I never bought the Weber CI wok as I have another brand that fits fine. Rarely use the wok but always use the griddle: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0044ELGGK/tvwb-20

The concept is brilliant. Seems Weber continued with it for charcoal with the Performer :blueperformer: series but no longer for gas. I see no option to replace for the 200 series Spirit. I believe it was a Home Depot exclusive model.

RE: Blackstone.
Not sure if this is by the same outfit but I thought it might be interesting.

Ag996mW.jpg

As for the griddle I never thought about putting it onto the flavo bars because it makes manipulation of what you're cooking harder to do. Plus it get PLENTY hot sitting on the grates.

Been times I thought my griddle could have been a little hotter sitting on the cooking grates the last time I did smash burgers.

Back