Black Silver A Restore

How many coats of paint you put on the cook box? I'm going to be painting my Silver A soon and am not sure if I want gloss or flat on the box, gloss on the hood sides. Nice work on the grill.

Thanks Bob,
I think it was around 4 or 5 coats of paint. The best thing you can do is prep it for paint. Luckily, I found a local sandblaster to strip all of the old paint completely off before painting. I used Rustoleum High Heat Ultra, Semi-Gloss Black from the Home Depot in a spray can. Also the best addition to painting was one of those sprayer attachments that clip onto the can so you can spray evenly with a trigger instead of using your finger to press down on the nozzle.

Rustoleum Sprayer.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Bob,
I think it was around 4 or 5 coats of paint. The best thing you can do is prep it for paint. Luckily, I found a local sandblaster to strip all of the old paint completely off before painting. I used Rustoleum High Heat Ultra, Semi-Gloss Black from the Home Depot in a spray can. Also the best addition to painting was one of those sprayer attachments that clip onto the can so you can spray evenly with a trigger instead of using your finger to press down on the nozzle.
I'm going to try that sprayer, thanks for the tip. I'm going to use solvent from the auto parts store to prep the parts before spraying.

This was How I cleaned the Inside of the Lid.

These are the Thread Cut Nuts I ordered for the inside of lid.

Thread Cut Nut.jpg

Last edited:

Back