Birthday Butts!

Tony Hunter

TVWBB Pro
Hey y'all,

My beloved sweetie done messed up and bought me a new camera!
icon_biggrin.gif

I am cooking 4 butts for a birthday party on Saturday. There will be 25 people - half will be kids, but they love BBQ! I will be posting my progress. I have decided to use the WSM on this one. Here is my start...

4 butts straight from Sam's Club, 31 pounds of meat...

Here they are unwrapped and wondering whats going on!

Now they have been trimmed and are fearing for their lives - they know somethings up now!

Three of these babies are rubbed and in the fridge, this little piggy wants to stay home - NOT!

More to come!
icon_cool.gif

As promised I have more pictures!
icon_biggrin.gif

These babies are on and smokin'! My WSM is packed baby! 8) 8)

Now for the bonus. My wife took out some ground turkey so she could cook dinner - yeah right! So, I took over the task and made some grilled turkey patties...

Looks like you're enjoying your new camera. Great pics of what looks like some great food. Are you planning on pulling the pork and re-heating or are you going to be able to just let the butts rest until the party and then pull?

Jerry,

I plan to let them rest until party time and pull then. This is a drop off gig so I plan wow the crowd and then get out of dodge. When those bones slip right out and the aroma starts wafting around, I hope to pick up some new customers!
icon_wink.gif

Here is a few shots of one the butts after the job. I gotta tell ya, I may have more business out of this one. Most of my customers family came in the kitchen to see what smelled so good. I let them see those bones slip out of the butts and when I broke into them to pull them, the sweet pork smell wafted down the street! Y'all know how it goes!

It was a great cook!

Tony

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paul h:
Tony, glad to see you back!!! How's that restaurant coming? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Paul,

Still in the works for now. I have been side-tracked a bit because I am adjusting to having twins at IU - very costly but well worth it. Right now, I am doing catering gigs (very small), but by the beginning of summer I will have my Serve-Safe certification and will have completed a KCBS Judges course. Its taking time but I am on my way!

Tony

Back