Biggest prime rib in WSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Goin

TVWBB Super Fan
I was wanting to do a 12 to 15 prime rib in my WSM. What is the biggest that usually fits? Just doing a littel research before the big christmas cook!!!

I too wanted to try a prime rib this weekend, but I have about decided to buy a new Platinum one touch and a couple of chickens instead. Should run me about the same money. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

It's got to be less than about 16" long to fit on the top grate. Take a tape measure with you to the store. Seriously. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

Ahh.... thanks chris.....ill take the Binford 5000 tape measure with me..... and by the way.. Money was actually no object. you see i cooked 2 11.5lb briskets this weekend and over dinner my entire family was talking about prime rib and told them the stores had a buch of it right now... and just as everyone was ready to pitch in... my trusty , retired, grandfather reached in his pocket and gave me a 100.00 dollar bill and told me Prime Rib for christmas!!

P.S. It always tastes better when Grandpa is buying!!!!

No doubt, Matt. Be sure to take pictures, because like I mentioned in another forum, NOTHING looks more impressive than a full 7 bone prime rib roast. IMO. With the possible exception of a whole hog...

have you thought of doing it in a kettle as you could get a bigger one int without sacrificing flavor or taste. (we are talking about roasting here at 350 or so not really low and slow smoking i think)

Yeah i saw alton brown with his clay pots.... what a great idea...... and i thought about the kettle.... but i use my WSm every sunday.... and it is sooooooooo easy!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> This is going to take some extensive on site research. I suggest you PM me with your location.

--------------------
DH
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>We western NY'ers love to get deeply involved in projects like this one!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 14.92lb Prime Rib... 5.99 per lb. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That is an amazing price! Anyone else seem prime rib priced like that? The best I have found here in NC is 8.99 per lb and most are 11.99 per lb.

Mike

I paid $6.36 per pound this weekend but it was on sale. That was the first prime rib I had ever cooked and it was amazing on the WSM.

Southern California Stater Brother's has them for $4.99/lb. FYI.

BTW, that one looks awesome. I wish we were having a large enough get-together to nees a roast that large. I only am getting a 2 or 3 bone roast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back