Best way to reheat back ribs?

Johnny P

TVWBB Member
Hey folks, I did some baby backs on the WSM yesterday (first time) and want to reheat them now..oven or my gasser? What temp, how long and should I use indirect if on the gasser? thanks.

Johnny,

I find that to keep the taste is to wrap your serving in foil and put it in the oven on a low heat like 250 for 20-30 minutes. It warms it up and the foil helps retaining the moisture.

Putting it in a microwave is a no go.
icon_frown.gif

Mike

I'm with M. Chesney on this one....oven on 250 for about 20min....the grill is ok too (i prefer the oven)...NO MICROWAVE

Thanks guys, I'd never ever consider putting my beloved back ribs in the micro. I'd eat the ribs cold over nuking them.

I've had good luck nuking my ribs outta the fridge.

Used a low power setting of 3 for three or four minutes covered in saran wrap. Power level 10 just doesn't work for reheating food so well unless it's a liquid.

Put the leftovers in a food saver bag and seal up. Take out of the freezer and drop them in a pot of boiling water. Turn off the heat, cover the pot and let them sit in the pot O water for 30 min. Cut open the bag and enjoy.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Put the leftovers in a food saver bag and seal up. Take out of the freezer and drop them in a pot of boiling water. Turn off the heat, cover the pot and let them sit in the pot O water for 30 min. Cut open the bag and enjoy.
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I seem to recall that the bags do well up to about 175 - 176 according to the manufacturers intsructions not at boiling point!

I pack four bones in the vac sealer. Poke a small hole with a knife point and nuke for 1 minute on high.

Although I rarely microwave Foodsaver bags, I've always routinely brought a large pot of water to the boil, dropped in one or two bags, and removed from heat. One or two pound portions are ready to serve in usually 15 minutes.

Never heard of any caveat against boiling water. Tilia's website says:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Prepare meals in advance. No time to cook every day? No problem. Cook one day a week, vacuum package and freeze. When you're ready to serve, just boil or microwave right in the same FoodSaver Bag. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris:
I seem to recall that the bags do well up to about 175 - 176 according to the manufacturers intsructions not at boiling point! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They mention simmering on the website:

"Only place bags with frozen food inside the simmering water. The coldness of the food will keep the bag from becoming too hot while the food is heating up."

and also:

"Re-heat by putting the bag directly in the microwave or simmering water. Enjoy! ."

if doing small amounts (single serving), microwave at 50% power for however long it takes. Usually done in 30-45 second increments.

For larger amounts (a rack or more), wrap in foil, in a 300 degree oven, 20 minutes or until warm.

Never a problem using either method.

Johnny,

I agree with Chesney. I think wrapping in foil and heating in the oven is the best way. Also, I usually add about 1 tablespoon of water or apple juice to the foil packet to get a bit of moisture in the packet.

I use the oven method, but I wrap them tightly in plastic wrap then foil. This further seals in the juices and keeps the sauce from reacting with the aluminum.

John

Reheating ribs? What an interesting concept. Of course you would have to have leftovers for that. And I just can not remember when the last time was when we had rib leftovers at our house.

Back