best way to get fall off the bone spare ribs & smoking store bought hotlinks

Everything looked...good enough to eat!

I'm going to guess you had the bones down and they punctured the foil...I hate when that happens. I foil them meat down.

I tried putting a few in a pan and foiling the top before, but with different size ribs some cook longer than others.

I still use a pan for the scraps/trimmings from spare's. I smoke them to color before panning. The smaller pieces are "tasters"... :) I'll leave them in until 200-205F. I also allow them to rest a bit before pulling the meat off. Once it cools it gets vacuum bagged and goes to the freezer for the next batch of chili.

Malki, everything looks really good, But darn that is a lot of hickory chunks to use at least for me...Wasn't it over powering on the chicken? Ever Good does make a good product and so does Alpine there the company that makes dog's - links and sausage for the SF GIANTS.

Thanks. Bbq was good im actually still eating leftovers from it. Smoke was spot on for my taste, at least the closest ive gotten to my ideal smoke flavor. It was a lot of food on the smoker so i felt like a little extra wood would help it. I like when the bbq is so smokey you burp hours later and still taste it. My local bbq joint makes it like that. I cant get it that thoroughly smoked in the wsm but I still try. With all that wood its still not oversmoked, but tasted good not undersmoked. When i first got the wsm i felt like following the guidlelines on wood didnt give me the flavor i wanted so now i add a little more wood every time.

Everything looks good, and the ribs... Yes-sir!
Metal pans are your friend. Rib bones always find a way to poke thru foil even if your very careful.

Tim

i see that now with the ribs. Thanks for the reply!

I agree, everything looks good!

Thanks!

Everything looked...good enough to eat!

I'm going to guess you had the bones down and they punctured the foil...I hate when that happens. I foil them meat down.

I tried putting a few in a pan and foiling the top before, but with different size ribs some cook longer than others.

I still use a pan for the scraps/trimmings from spare's. I smoke them to color before panning. The smaller pieces are "tasters"... :) I'll leave them in until 200-205F. I also allow them to rest a bit before pulling the meat off. Once it cools it gets vacuum bagged and goes to the freezer for the next batch of chili.

Sounds good! I want to make chili too. You are right. i foiled bones down. Ill try meat down next time. Thanks!

Malki, Glad to read your response. And I'm glad you loved the way your food came out .,..That's what it's all about,,.. Smokem if you got them

Back