Best light for a Weber Kettle

JeremyMillrood

Hi everyone, I recently moved my performer grill to an area where I don't have any light. In the past I've used a headlamp, but that's annoying..The performer has the table surface so maybe I could clamp something to that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi everyone, I recently moved my performer grill to an area where I don't have any light. In the past I've used a headlamp, but that's annoying..The performer has the table surface so maybe I could clamp something to that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
i use this and it's been perfect and it's useful for cars, attic work, anywhere you need a lot of lumens. a large battery goes more than a few cooks and we have a full Makita ecosystem at home so this was a no brainer. sits on the table next to me and give plenty of light for winter grilling (cooking from 430P when it's dark here).

Thanks
Welcome Jeremy!

Howdy Jeremy,
I fell into a deal at Costco a while back when they had a deal on a set (2) focusable solar patio spotlights. The best thing about them is the light character. So many of the big lights are cold white LEDs and everything is under an awful blue light.some people seems to like the kind like Brett shared, I just dislike the blue cast, I spent years in art material sales and color correct light was a pet peeve of mine.
These are more full spectrum so, the food looks right.
I’ll try to find a picture or take a fresh one.

EB895E71-9E65-4D84-A8F6-8B49B7F21FD3.jpegDB9AC6B4-F0FF-4311-8B08-F7943A8052D5.jpeg
the second one is showing two lights, one is hanging over the edge of the windscreen, second is on the “Overperformer” to the right.

Last edited:
Always wondered why Weber never made an integrated light for Performer table or even the kettle handle. They have a pretty nice flex head grill light, (not sure if it's still made), but there was no real good way to attach it securely to either one.

Always wondered why Weber never made an integrated light for Performer table or even the kettle handle. They have a pretty nice flex head grill light, (not sure if it's still made), but there was no real good way to attach it securely to either one.
Exactly..I figured they would have made something considering they've sold millions of these grills..I may just pick up a plain old light with a magnetic base and flexible neck..there's a metal piece of trim that I should be able to attach it to.

Thanks, I have a lifelong friend that is a cabinetmaker and also my banjo player. The design is mine most of the construction is his saw skill! He’s done pretty much any structural repairs or other “wood savvy” projects for me for as far back as I can remember.
The stock for that was from Strohs brewery vats, 100+ year old cypress. This year might be the year for a new umbrella.
He also rebuilt the back wall of my house and added a deck.

835D8EA3-31AF-4017-9417-17346625B34D.jpeg
@Timothy F. Lewis that's a pretty slick grill cart..did you make it yourself? I agree, whatever light I get I'd prefer it not be LED..
Now the deck can have this sycamore patio bar on it too!
20365DAD-9DBF-4059-8CB8-CD123BD57896.jpeg

he does nice work..
Thank you, he does. I did plank the deck, and assembled the patio bar. I had a crappy one that we took apart and used as a pattern for that. It is very convenient for when I used to be able to have parties for 30+ people. Anymore I don’t even want more than my immediate family and maybe four guests.
I'm very pleased with the warm white lights from Costco, the focusable aspect is kind of handy. I have them all pretty much set now but, until you use them, you need to experiment a little.

LEDs can look OK if they have the right color temperature. I have some 3000K lights that have a nice bright yet still warm tone.

1643146857758.png

Exactly!
Warm light is much easier for the eye to register color (relative to sunlight) properly. I find that a whole house of “cool white“ LED lights gives me a headache and can even make me nauseous!
I put in GE “Reveal” dimmable, PAR 20 2700K bulbs when I redid my kitchen, two years now and they are more than satisfactory! It’s a small kitchen (1935 construction) and had one 12” round fluorescent fixture when we bought the place. Three months in I put in one 4’ track strip, that was great. Fast forward another 25 years, I’ve got nine of these bulbs in plus an under counter dimmable LED light.
Its a joy to work in there now!
I think good lighting will make a lot of other shortfalls seem less important.
I’d still like a dishwasher but, plumbing that in and deciding what cupboard space I can sacrifice will take consideration.

I'm looking at this..

I like it! The cost might be a touch rich but, it’s the right kind of light! The magnetic base should offer some flexibility for placement as long as you have a steel table.
Really, my only complaint with mine is (being solar) in the winter the light does not stay on terribly long. That’s winter in the mitten! C’est la vie.
I say go for it and report back Jeremy!

The reviews looked a little mixed, concern about the battery case seems like the big one but, it’s got to be better than one of the old ones I had.
We will be expecting a blow by blow review, Jeremy.

The reviews looked a little mixed, concern about the battery case seems like the big one but, it’s got to be better than one of the old ones I had.
We will be expecting a blow by blow review, Jeremy.
You're right, they were mixed which gave me second thoughts. I guess that's to be expected with anything you find on Amazon...I will certainly provide and update if and when I buy. Appreciate all the input.

Exactly!
Warm light is much easier for the eye to register color (relative to sunlight) properly. I find that a whole house of “cool white“ LED lights gives me a headache and can even make me nauseous!
I put in GE “Reveal” dimmable, PAR 20 2700K bulbs when I redid my kitchen, two years now and they are more than satisfactory! It’s a small kitchen (1935 construction) and had one 12” round fluorescent fixture when we bought the place. Three months in I put in one 4’ track strip, that was great. Fast forward another 25 years, I’ve got nine of these bulbs in plus an under counter dimmable LED light.
Its a joy to work in there now!
I think good lighting will make a lot of other shortfalls seem less important.
I’d still like a dishwasher but, plumbing that in and deciding what cupboard space I can sacrifice will take consideration.

I would add not to mix light colors. Outside all my lights are warm - candles in the windows, too.

Inside, the house is in "zones" such that the colors don't mix. The entire house is "warm" except for the bathrooms and the kitchen/playroom combination. Any room with a lot of white like my kitchen/playroom will look much, much, better in cool light.

I would add not to mix light colors. Outside all my lights are warm - candles in the windows, too.

Inside, the house is in "zones" such that the colors don't mix. The entire house is "warm" except for the bathrooms and the kitchen/playroom combination. Any room with a lot of white like my kitchen/playroom will look much, much, better in cool light.
I prefer warmer light, it’s more ”natural”, I really like color corrected light. I agree, mixing light color is awful!

Back