Best griddle for the Q1000/Q1200?

Chris, I think you are going to find that quite small. I would suggest looking at a full griddle. I do like Uniflasy products though.
I'm mostly cooking for just me on the Q1000. I've got a Genesis Silver B when cooking for more. The surface area is similar to the actual cooking surface of a 12" skillet (like a D3 from All-Clad though I prefer Tramontina). I might cook 6-10 scallops depending on size or a single serving of salmon. That said, as soon as it arrives, I'll know if it's what I want and you could very well be right. I just used the Q for the first time tonight cooking two 1/3# Kirkland grass fed frozen burger patties and was quite pleased with the performance. But I'm off to start a thread on which thermometer I should buy and install? It was a mistake to not get one with the lid thermometer. I use my trusty Thermapen for checking doneness but I rely on the lid thermometer on my Silver B to get a rough idea of when it's close to the right temp..

Last edited:
I'm mostly cooking for just me on the Q1000. I've got a Genesis Silver B when cooking for more. The surface area is similar to the actual cooking surface of a 12" skillet (like a D3 from All-Clad though I prefer Tramontina). I might cook 6-10 scallops depending on size or a single serving of salmon. That said, as soon as it arrives, I'll know if it's what I want and you could very well be right. I just used the Q for the first time tonight cooking two 1/3# Kirkland grass fed frozen burger patties and was quite pleased with the performance. But I'm off to start a thread on which thermometer I should buy and install? It was a mistake to not get one with the lid thermometer. I use my trusty Thermapen for checking doneness but I rely on the lid thermometer on my Silver B to get a rough idea of when it's close to the right temp..
I got the grill plate yesterday and I think it'll be more than enough cooking area for my needs. The porcelain coating is sufficiently applied but I'd give the quality control a C+ at best. That should make little difference in actual use and for $24, probably priced about right in today's economy. The tabs are for the older style Q grills like the 100.

Uniflasy grill

51H4OO9mLJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Cool. Keep us posted after you fry us some bacon and eggs on it.
It will likely be scallops, shrimp, or other seafood. I don't have a proper venting system over my stove and some fish gives you that smell for a couple days no matter how many windows are open. Bacon and eggs are much simpler to cook in a skillet indoors. Interestingly, while I bought this grill some years ago thinking of it for camping, we never used it and sold the last RV we owned (though I still have a camping van that needs to go as well), the kids are grown, and after over 50 years of camping starting when I was a boy scout, I'm over it. So the Q1000 is now my side porch grill.

Oh heck, I do my bacon out on Q220. I do it right on the grates. Quick and no mess. No splattered grease all over the stove top and no greasy pots and pans to clean up.

Back