Best Dry Rub in a Can

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
I was wondering...I know part of the barbq fun is the process, tweaking the rub, the smoker and other variables to make the perfect Q, but at times, a quick rub from a store bought can might be ok. Are there any such rubs out there, already premixed that you feel are excellent right out of the can?

I tried the Tony Chachere's Original Creole and added brown sugar to sweeten it up and found it to be good. I'm not sure what all is in there but it definately has a decent amt of salt and cayenne pepper with a nice red/orange color. I have used Tony's on grill and beer can chicken and like it.

Any store boughts for Pork Butt that you like?

I think Sav-A-Lot is selling their BBQ rub per pound now. That is a good inexpensive rub that tastes good in everything. We get their chicken wing family pack and have them rub them down with that stuff; throw them in the oven or on the smoker, and they're phenomenal.

I've made a lot of rubs and purchased just as many. The absolute finest rubs I've ever tried have been from Texas BBQ Rub. We had a discussion on this board a while back and many others agreed. This stuff is fantastic!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Does anyone have an opinion on Butt Rub since we are on the subject of premade rubs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I use Butt Rub and I like it but I have yet to try it on BBQ tho. Use it mostly when I'm grilling. I've also used their Jubilee Seafood seasoning on shrimp and it's pretty good as well.

As for others...I like Corky's Rub. Especially for dry ribs.

The last 2 rib cooks I did were with John Henry's Wild Cherry Chipotle rub. All I can say is they were the best tasting ribs I ever cooked.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Balzotti:
Does anyone have an opinion on Butt Rub since we are on the subject of premade rubs? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have used Butt Rub on both butts and spare ribs. I think it is good on both...especially the butts.

The best thing I have smoked in my limited time as a WSM owner was a butt rubbed with yellow mustard and Butt Rub.

I have used the brisket/butt rub from texasbbqrub.com on both briskets and butts...good stuff IMO.

Bob W.

I always have these 3 rubs on hand. Texas BBQ rubs original and brisket blend, and Head Country Rub plus the Head Country Original and Hot BBQ sauces.

For ribs, if not using my own homemade rub, than Cavender's - All Purpose Greek Seasoning (yellow canister), also in low sodium which is a blue canister. I use it all the time on burgers, steaks, and chicken. Not too spicy or salty. Is available most places here in the mid-west and also at Wal Mart. For brisket, Montreal Steak seasoning is the best that I have found that my family likes. I also recently bought Weber's Chicago Steak at Sam's. Put it on some strip steaks last weekend and I actually liked it better than the Montreal Steak...haven't tried it on a brisket yet.

Back