best BBQ book

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rodgers S:
Susan:
Ditto on Steve Raichlen's "How to Grill". I stumbled upon his BBQ show on public television, after a few weeks went to his website and ordered. Prior to that time, I had not thought there was a difference between grilling and barbecue...although I have been grilling for years. I think I want to purchase his "BBQ USA" book at some point in time. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI...
All of Steve Raichlen's books are available at Sam's Club for $12.99 and that is quite a deal.. I bought "BBQ USA" last week... a good book.. esp. for that price..

The Great American Barbecue & Grilling Manual by Smoky Hale is one of my basic text.

i just wanted to give you guys some feedback....as per all of your posts i went out and bought the Paul kirk book and the HOw to grill book.. at first look i was very impressed iwth the How to grill book and wasnt really working with me on the Paul kirk book...i guess it didnt have the same appeal or the nice color photos as the grill book... but let me tell ya.. once you start readin Pauls book... there is just so much information on every type of meat used for comps and more.. and he has a lot of stuff on brisket which im finding i really like.....

so my opionin is that i give both books, two briskets with the fat side up!!! seriously they are both very good books but right now im rereading pauls book....

I really like Legends of Texas Barbecue. It's intersting to read the history and inserts from the pit masters as well as the recipes. I like Rick Browne's Barbecue America also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back