Berkshire Cured Bacon, Hock, and Ham w/Picture links

Another bit of advice:
DO NOT stuff 20 lbs of sausage if your vegetarian fiancee is home. Send her out of the house for a day. She would not even look at me that entire weekend, she was so disgusted by it all
icon_wink.gif

Jamie

Jamie,

When I was dating girls and looking for prospective spouses being a vegitarian was on my list of "Deal Breakers". I won't tell you to go out and dump your fiance, but for me I couldn't handle it. You are a better man than I.

I can only imagine her horror at the things curing in your fridge.

Fortunatly my wife supports this hobby and enjoys nearly all the things that get cured/smoked/ and hopefully ground up and stuffed.

Josh

Originally posted by Jamieson Syrek:
She would not even look at me that entire weekend, she was so disgusted by it all
icon_wink.gif

Jamie

I have enough things that make my wife disgusted...if my meat loving tendencies were included, I would never get looked at.
cold.gif

Josh - same here. When I was looking for a spouse, vegetarianism was on the 'deal breaker' list as well. I grew up in a family that didn't eat meat on Fridays, and let me tell you -- Fridays were my least favorite day of the week!

I am a carnivore through and through. Fortunately my wife and children all love meat so I'm a happy BBQ'er :-D

My wife will not eat the sausages I make. I have convinced her to help me because thats quality time we can spend together doing something I enjoy. lol Hey it works. Of course then I have to do something she enjoys but it seems the sausage makeing and smokeing prevent me from her fun activities. She also has no problems on taking a plate or even a whole 4lb stick of Venison Summer Sausage for her co-workers. She enjoys the praise cause she helped in the process.

Back