Belmont Stakes Cookout

Matt Faery

TVWBB Member
Anybody else firing up for the pony rides this Saturday?
Here's the tentative plan.
1)Fire up the WSM Friday night with a Butt on the top and Brisket on the bottom.
2)Marinate Portabellas in Italian Dressing and let sit in the fridge.
3)Wake up, go with the crew to OTB, throw down some wagers and have a couple cold ones for breakfast.
4)Come back home, foil and stow the Brisket while waiting for the Butt to finish up.
5)Light up newly aquired Partagas Serie D4. Pour some Glenmorangie over ice. Get out cheap cigars and beer for the guests
icon_smile.gif

6)Foil Butt and put in with Brisket. Take out water pan, open all vents and throw on the mushrooms. Pull the Butt, slice brisket, put mushrooms in a bowl and get ready to cash in my Superfecta winning ticket.
7)Eat Tums and go to bed, so I can make ribs on Sunday!!!

The Track. Something dear to my heart.
Matt it sounds like you have a plan. Ever try a mint julip? It is really good to have with a BBQ. Around here it is a staple on race days. I dont know if pre mixed bottles are easy to find in your area but if you can find some, get a 5th or 2. Makes everyone smile.
icon_biggrin.gif

Dale

I had a Mint Julep last year on Derby day. To be honest I can't recall it's taste because of the swath of other liquids being thrown down my maw. I will take up your suggestion though and look for the mix when I hit the store.

I'm putting in the the Derby lottery next year. I hit Del Mar from time to time, but it's not the Derby.

Susan

I'll probably wait till post draw to finalize my picks. Tentatively I have Afleet Alex, Reverberate, Giacomo and Pinpoint as my Superfecta.

If you, or anyone for that matter, are ever out my way I have two humi's full of primo sticks to share over a BBQ.
icon_biggrin.gif

Loooooong Way. Probably like 8 hours. I'm more or less between L.A. and San Diego.

OH oh, a herf and BBQ combo. You just gave me a great new idea for this weekend. Better get your ticket.

Now we're talking. Depending on traffic, 1:15 - 1:30 (about 70 miles). Shoot me an email when you come out next time (in my profile).

Back