Before • After

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øøø••BEFORE••øøø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

sweet onion halved in a mixture of butter, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, vermouth, sugar, salt + pepper.

DSCN8377.JPG

baby Yukons halved sittin' on pats of hand-churned butter in a CIS.

DSCN8378.JPG

baby portabella mushrooms sliced in hand-churned butter in a CIS.

DSCN8379.JPG

two eight ounce chuck-eye steaks chucked in EVOO then seasoned with my favourite steak seasoning.

DSCN8381.JPG

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øøø••AFTER••øøø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸

DSCN8382.JPG

DSCN8383.JPG

DSCN8384.JPG

DSCN8386.JPG

DSCN8387.JPG

DSCN8391.JPG

DSCN8388.JPG

Thank you for your visit!

Jim,

I don't know how you do it but you have again. Everything sounds and looks delicious. Question. Do you hand carve the chuck eye steaks from a chuck roast or does your butcher sell them already cut! I've never seen that cut around here.

Scotty W.

Awesome looking plate of food Jim. I love me some chuck-eyes, and you certainly nailed everything on this cook.

Once again, a fantastic meal as usual! What did your guests think of their plates?
icon_razz.gif

Mr. Lampe, you are giving me new ideas every day. Those unions must be great!

I'm calling the food network and telling them they should give Jim a show.
Your posts are better then half the stuff on there.

Looks awesome. I never made chuck eyes.I think I've got a mistaken belief that chuck does not make for a good steak. Guess I'm wrong. Have to look out for these. Restaurant Depot is calling!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dom R:
Your posts are better then half the stuff on there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have already called!!
icon_biggrin.gif
Jim you are hired! Fantabulous meal again!

You are Lucky you live a couple thousand miles away from me, cause I would just happen to be in the neighborhood around dinner time a LOT whenever I see smoke or smell good cooking!
icon_biggrin.gif

Another Great J.L. cook!

Steven A - chuck eyes are wonderful grillin' steaks. Same muscle as the rib-eye but forward into the chuck instead of behind the shoulder in the rib sub-primal. Usually cut into steaks about 8 oz each, they are very flavorful, only marginally more "chewy" than rib-eyes and usually a bargain compared to ribeyes. I buy them whenever I can get them a couple dollars a pound less than ribeyes.

Sorry Jim - don't mean to hijack the post - fantastic looking steaks and great post - as usual!

Carry on!

Pat

Pat

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dom R:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd watch it! Another terrific cook Jim!!

holeySmokes guys! Thank you all for your very kind words
icon_smile.gif
i appreciate them all very much
smiley-ashamed002.gif

Allen, a small 8 inch skillet was used for the Yukons and an oval server, both by Lodge, was used for the 'shrooms.

no sweat Pat, i thank you for the help
icon_wink.gif
i could not have 'splain it better!

Thank you all once again for your very nice comments!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
sometimes i get scared of titles like that, especially from jim. the after part is what gets to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too was scared when I read the title. Scared our Lampe was going on a diet or becoming a vegetarian or something crazy like that.
icon_biggrin.gif

Naah. No worries Dom. I think that Mr. Lampe wouldn't give up his usual fare for anything.

Outstanding as always, Jim. I find myself forgetting to take pics at various stages when I am cooking. Maybe I need a script, just something to say "take picture here" when I am getting a meal together, but ours are usually sort of spur of the moment decisions as to what to cook, so I am usually doing good to remember to take a pic at all.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Everything looks Delish Jim! Really dig the sides on that plate...But the Star is the protein ofc!

I didn't know what i was going to see while reading te title, but man I'm glad that I clicked on it!
That's a great meal!

Back