Beer can chicken rack?

Hunter Lewis

TVWBB Member
Hey guys, I am curious if anyone has bought (or built) a rack of some kind that will allow you to load the WSM with 3 or 4 chickens per grate. I did 6 today, but had a hell of a time trying to get them all to stand upright! when they tipped over, they bumped the walls and got little pieces of ash on them. @#$%&*!!! Anyway, any tips or ideas would be very appreciated.

Hunter

I knew I had seen something on eBay like you had described. Check this out:
Multi Beer Can Chicken Rack

And they are available in 2, 3, 4, and 6 capacity, too. Maybe if you used a rack like that, you could tie butcher's string around the chickens so that they wouldn't tip if they got bumped a little or started to lean a little too close to the walls of the WSM.

Hi. This isn't beer can, but I use these - several chickens can be sat in single raosting tin, which catches all the juices to use later, or they can be set individually in round enamel roasting tins and the chicks sit there quite stable - the base is wide enough to not even wobble!
I can fit two on the top grate no bother - haven't tried any more but there is room.
http://fantes.com/roasters.htm#spanek

Andrew - did you get these in the UK? I have a chicken roaster I got many (at least ten) years ago (looks like the Spanek) and the black coating has come off. I can't put it in the dishwasher as it rusts and stains the cutlery. Ideally I'd like to find another (or two) preferably in stainless or a sturdy chrome plate. I've contemplated asking the workshop at work to make me one but I'm not sure they have stainless weld!

James - yes, I bought them in the UK. Lots of hardware / kitchen type shops sell them; mine are finished in non stick which is a great help. I've seen them in stainless though.

There's an excellent shop in the Rows in chester which MIGHT have them, otherwise try lakeland, Dyas etc.

If you have trouble, email me and I'll see if I can remember where I bought mine!

Andrew

Thanks for the link. I just purchased one!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil D:
I knew I had seen something on eBay like you had described. Check this out:
Multi Beer Can Chicken Rack

And they are available in 2, 3, 4, and 6 capacity, too. Maybe if you used a rack like that, you could tie butcher's string around the chickens so that they wouldn't tip if they got bumped a little or started to lean a little too close to the walls of the WSM. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lenny which did you buy? The 6 pack would not fit on the WSM so I guess the 4 chicken holder would be best right? Let us know how well it works...

If it works well I would be interested! Thanks!

Yes I would be interested in maybe one of these racks too. Could we have a report from anyone who has purchase one of these? thanks.

I bought the 4 can rack. I just got notice that it's been shipped. I'll provide an update once it has been used.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frank C:
Lenny which did you buy? The 6 pack would not fit on the WSM so I guess the 4 chicken holder would be best right? Let us know how well it works...

If it works well I would be interested! Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back