Beef tenderloin

tmfast

TVWBB Super Fan
Done enough bird & pork. Would like to learn more about beef. 1st brisket turned out better than expected. I was thinking about trying one of these beef tenderloins. Sounds quick. Cant reserve time for a whole brisket (thanks to my job). Iv'e seen the cooking section on these. Just sounds too quick. Less than an hour on the WSM?? Has anyone done some of these?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhh Yeaaaaaa. If it wasn't for the price I would do one every couple of weeks. I do them just like described in the cooking section. I take mine higher than Chris does. I don't like my beef mooing.

We took left overs and made beef stroganoff. MMMMMMMMMMMM

Jeff T uses the leftovers for stroganoff. Here there are no leftovers when we do a beef tenderloin. Sometimes I will make one to chunk out and serve with home made noodles and smoky gravy.
There are only a few things finer in life than this.

Yes. I take it and cut it up just the way Chris shows (Thanks Chris!). The smaller end and any pieces left from cutting it into a roast I use for kabobs. Great piece of meat. I also cut the roast into steaks instead (before cooking) and just have some really nice filet mignon. The next thing I want to do is learn to make a simple sauce to go with the steaks.

No need to find another use for the narrow end. I cut it off and tie it back on the thick end. It makes for a pretty consistent cross-section on the tied roast.

Just did my 1st tenderloin. It turned out exelent. Yeh, it's very expensive. I will only do these for special ocasions.

Back