Beef Ribs

Oh my, those look good! Still trying to get my head around the types of beef ribs. Are those plate ribs?

Pulled 1 rack a little early and into ice bath and vacuum sealed.
Tossed it into the freezer for another night’s dinner. Will sous vide to warm it up.
2nd rack is now resting while the rice finishes.
IMG_4837.jpegIMG_4838.jpegIMG_4839.jpeg

Overall they came out OK. Might do again for a special event as they look cool. They were very greasy. The outside piece was not as bad as the internal cuts. I think a good cut of roast is just as good as these. Maybe a choice grade would suit me better over the prime. But thanks for following along.
IMG_4844.jpegIMG_4845.jpegIMG_4846.jpeg

That’s a lot of tasty meat! You’re right, the outside piece looks better. Every piece of meat is different, you never know till you slice it up. I’ve been happy with the choice grade angus ribs I’ve been buying from Wild Fork Foods.

That’s a lot of tasty meat! You’re right, the outside piece looks better. Every piece of meat is different, you never know till you slice it up. I’ve been happy with the choice grade angus ribs I’ve been buying from Wild Fork Foods.
Appreciate the tip on Wild Fork. Thank you.

So far, I’ve been happy with all their meat. I’m fortunate to have 3 stores nearby but I wouldn’t hesitate to order from them online.
This was the last 3 bone rack, they were excellent.
E66E4971-A366-4EDD-8311-672FF733D535.png
9BB58AB9-6EBB-4883-95E6-80D3E329527D.png
1D08C9F8-18BE-4075-9BBA-FA7E4EEA8D2D.png
Another one in the freezer, waiting for the right occasion!
2D4BA61A-B906-4AA6-AB83-5A688A5F30A4.png

You're right those look WAY too greasy. I think you should put that package in dry ice and get it sent out to me for disposal as soon as you can. Not to worry I will do my best to protect you :D

Back