Beef ribs?

Scott P.

TVWBB Super Fan
Apparently, here in Texas, beef ribs are big. Texas BBQ is all about beef. I have no doubt they'd throw the whole damn steer on a pit if they could.
icon_smile.gif

I am making a snacking collection for the inlaws Friday afternoon before he head out to the baseball game. I am planning on chicken wings on the smoker and/or the kettle. I see that beef back ribs are on sale this week at the store for $1.79/lb and I wondered how those would be. I know my father-in-law loves to snack on the bones when I make rib roast. The dog gets mad since those are his leftovers.
icon_biggrin.gif

What beef ribs are out there for cooking? What should I try to grab? I'm just looking to add to the variety of foods for our afternoon snack buffet.

Beef back ribs are great! Treat them much like pork ribs (take of the membrane, remove excess fat, rub 'em up, and cook 'em!!) I tend to believe that beef ribs do better at 225 or so, and they do take a LONG time (usually 7 hours or more for me at that temp for a slab.) They will turn out a bit greasier than pork ribs (just the nature of the beast, I think), but I love 'em. Very tasty stuff!

BeefRibsCooked_SlicedRib.jpg

http://www.greenbergs.net/BeefRibs.htm

Enjoy!

Rich

I'll be checking them out tonight. They are sold frozen though, so it might be tough to determine the amount of meat on them. Pls, I'd have to get them thawed out by tomorrow too.

Back