Beef brisket advise

tmfast

TVWBB Super Fan
Hey all,
I have never done any beef on my WSM. These briskets sound popular, and would like to try one for the 4th. Iv'e read all the tips on this site but am looking for more advise. I konow there are some experts here. Hoping mr "K. Kruger" will chime in.

The "best advise" is to just check out what Chris has in the cooking section, and go for it!
Brisket is one of those meats you'll just have to practice to get it "just right", but it'll likely be decent your first time out too. My 2 cents would be to lay on the rub heavy so when you're finished you'll still taste it. Enjoy!

Cook fat side down at 225-250 degrees until the internal temperature is 195 degrees. Take out and double wrap in foil and put it fat side up in a cooler with towels or newspapers over and under the foiled brisket for additional insulation for at least 2 hours and up to four hours. Remove from cooler and slice it up and enjoy. That's how I'm doing mine under a couple butts for the 4th.
Mark

I just did a brisket yesterday it was 7lbs flat. I put it on at 3:00am and cooked for 11 hours at 250. I pulled at 175 foiled and put in a cooler for 2 hours. It was fantastic.

Back