Beef Bacon

G Mouser

TVWBB Fan
Where I live it is very hard to find Beef Bacon, Walmart has some garbage that they call beef bacon.
So I decided why not make my own. I used 10lb of Beef Navel.
Cured for 8 days.
Smoked for 4.5 hours at 200 degrees until it hit a IT of 150.

Attachments

• beef bacon 1.jpg
    beef bacon 1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 19
  • beef bacon 2.jpg
    beef bacon 2.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 19
  • beef bacon 3.jpg
    beef bacon 3.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
That looks very good, with a nice color. AND it looks like it will be "bacon-like" when sliced. :)

I have relatives who don't eat pork, so for a New Years' brunch, I ordered some beef bacon online.
It was basically thin sliced brisket. Tasted good, but it consisted of huge, paper thin slices that were a mess
to cook on the flattop and looked very sloppy.
I decided to just fix breakfast steaks for them next time. (And that's another story. :rolleyes:)

Yours looks more like what I was expecting - maybe next time I can just buy some from you! LOL :D

That looks very good, with a nice color. AND it looks like it will be "bacon-like" when sliced. :)

I have relatives who don't eat pork, so for a New Years' brunch, I ordered some beef bacon online.
It was basically thin sliced brisket. Tasted good, but it consisted of huge, paper thin slices that were a mess
to cook on the flattop and looked very sloppy.
I decided to just fix breakfast steaks for them next time. (And that's another story. :rolleyes:)

Yours looks more like what I was expecting - maybe next time I can just buy some from you! LOL :D
Sure, I found the recipe online I can post the link here if you want. The toughest part is finding that cut of beef. :)

Back