BBQ sign part II (pics)

Thanks!

It was $120. The dimensions are 10" high by 24" wide. If you go to 36" wide, it goes up to $175. I told him generally what I wanted and he sent me a couple proofs until we got it right and then cut it and shipped it.

He did ask for 1/2 the money to do the artwork, and the other half before he would cut it. That took a bit of a leap of faith, but I was really happy with how it turned out.

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is it stainless, or is it supposed to eventually rust, and take on that western patina? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

according to the original post it's raw steel

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark Davis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Is it stainless, or is it supposed to eventually rust, and take on that western patina? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

according to the original post it's raw steel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I keep thinking that if it had been on Copper.. ;~)

Not to take away from it, it looks fantastic!!
icon_cool.gif

Bill

Thanks! Copper would be cool, but can you imagine the cost? The steel is so thick and heavy, if it were copper it would be outrageous!

Thanks for the kind words.

Bill

Hey William, do you have other pictures of your bbq area? I have the perfect spot on the side of my hose and I would like to do something similar but with a covered roof. Thanks in advance. Nice sign by the way...looks killer hanging there.

Raw steel could be just the term he used for sheetmetal that he used his plasma cutter on. Wether or not it has any corrosion resistance might be another thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toby Keil:
Hey William, do you have other pictures of your bbq area? I have the perfect spot on the side of my hose and I would like to do something similar but with a covered roof. Thanks in advance. Nice sign by the way...looks killer hanging there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Toby:

Here you go:

http://web.mac.com/nd89sc88/iWeb/Site/Library%202.html

Our patio is two separate areas connected by a short narrow walkway, and shaped like a V. The cooking area, which we just had the pergola built over, used to have both my Performer and WSM right on it, but we decided to move the grill off the patio. We used cheap Home Depot tiles to set it on just off the patio so we could use the patio more as a sitting area. The WSM we then just moved up next to the garage for storage purposes and pull it out onto the patio when we are using it.

Also, I noticed your from TO. That's where my wife grew up, but she went to Newbury Park HS. All her family is still out there. Nice area. Hope this helps you with your plans.

Bill

Thanks for posting the pics William, it looks great. I don't have a start date for this project yet but once I get into it I'll snap pics of the build. The area is approximately 8' wide and maybe 15' long so it will be interesting to see what we come up with. It wont be a seating area such as yours but a spot dedicated to BBQ & grilling. I will however make sure I'm able to fit a few chairs for me and my buds to sip cold ones while I'm cooking.

Thanks again!

Back