BBQ Roll Call

i'm also going to try my hand at making sauce for the first time - going with the #5 on the board

Erik,
I finished my ribs with Steve P's #5 sauce, and it is definitely a winner, go for it!!

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I finished my ribs with Steve P's #5 sauce, and it is definitely a winner, go for it!!

Steve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah - it sounds really good - my mom always made her own sauce growing up and I always really liked it - very close to this recipe, except no vinegar - i happen to really like vinegar and the sauce that I had growing up so i'm hoping it will taste like home, just different

Started two 6lb butts on bottom rack at 5am. Three racks of spares going on top rack at 10am. Kevin K's Metamorphosis Rub and Steve's #5.

Greg J

Its a little late now but yesterday we had my daughter's graduation party and here is what the menu was...

2 8lb Pork Butts
3 Slabs Spares (Cut the brisket bones into rib tips!)
20 Fresh Italian Brats
48 Chicken Legs and Thighs
Homemade Mac & Cheese
Tossed Salad
Pecan Pie
Lemon Studdle Cake
Homemade Brownies w/Cream Cheese Frosting

Yum!

some poor cell phone pics from today

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1-1.jpg

can't remember the brand - it was center cut bacon and had about 20 strips on the container - a lot of them were already flavored and I wanted to take care of that on my own

Saturday night I did 6 nice strip steaks on the OTG. Sunday, I did a tri-tip along with some grilled potatoes and oven roasted green beans.

Sunday was picture perfect weather here in the NW, so I did some roadside chicken (INCREDIBLE!), some Aidells mango jalapeno sausages (AWESOME!!!) and hot dogs for the kids.

It doesn't get much better than that!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back