BBQ Joint in Kansas City, Kansas ? In seach of A+ burnt ends.

Neil Grant

TVWBB Fan
Found no Kansas listings in the board restaurant guide. Am visiting this weekend and am seeking quality beef BBQ, namely burnt ends (which I have never had). I've found several places on the web: Arthur Bryant's, Jack Stacks, Oklahoma Joes.

Any recommendations as to the best ? Those three seem to be very commercialized and tourist oriented, which is fine if the food is good, but I don't mind trying some local dives if that's where the best bbq is.

Advice ?

Hi, Neil. Arthur Bryant's original location has some mighty tasty and very tender burnt ends, they're newer locations are good, but on a given day..... I love Smoke House for burnt ends and they have the best beans I have ever had. Smokin Guns in North Kansas City have some really good burnt ends too. I'm sorry, but you can't do Kansas City BBQ in just a weekend.

I like Smoking Guns BBQ & would highly Recommend it. I was in KC on business for 8 days & ate there 3 days & twice one day. The 3 You have listed are Good & were recomendend by friends. Authur Bryants at One Casio uses Elect Smoker as the original 1 uses wood. My second choice would be Oklahoma Joes. john

I used to live in KC and go back once or twice a year. I am a fan of Bryant's and go there whenever I am in town, but I go for the ribs. If you go to Arthur Bryant's, don't even consider going to any of them other than the original location on Brooklyn just east of downtown. A word of warning though, their original sauce is really different, kind of gritty from lots of Chili powder I believe. First time I went there, I didn't really like it, but subsequently, I grew to love it and now have cravings for it.

Never a big fan of AB. Try Smokin Guns in North KC, RJ's in Mission, Johnnys, Woodyard, Oklahoma Joes, and LC's.

I like Oklahoma Joes, Jack Stack, Gates, Arthur Bryant's is good (downtown location) but I don't care for the sauce (gritty).

This is my favorite location for burnt ends. http://www.jackstackbbq.com/ at there Martin City location. And if you choose this place do yourself a favor and get the BBQ beans as one if not your only side. Oklahoma Joe's is also very good.

Back