BBQ Gloves

G

Any recommendations on BBQ/Grilling gloves? I have a pair of silicone ones right now that are pretty decent, but they were white and are now orange from my rubs
icon_smile.gif
. I mainly use them to rotate hot food on the grill/smoker so cloth is not ideal. Any ideas?

Seeing how you have such a good name I figured I should respond.

I bet I have the same white gloves you referred to as mine are also stained from rubs and sauce. I also got some real good vinyl gloves that are resistant to almost everything and have a texture to them instead of smooth. The only problem with them is that they are not very heat resistant so I normally wear a pair of cotten gloves under them to protect from the heat. It's more work putting on two pair of gloves but it works for me. I have no idea who makes them or anything but I have seen them at Lowe's and such. Any good chemical resistant glove with the texture on the hand part is good, they just are not very heat resistant. Mine are black and cleanup real good and nothing has stained them yet. I use them for pulling pork as well.

Randy
J.R.'S Smokers

I use powder-free latex gloves to handle most food, unless it's too hot. For hot food I use the silicone mitts.

I have a pair of big thick fireplace gloves that protect my hands and forearms when handling things like lit chimneys, hot pans, grids and tongs. Especially when I've got my kettle roaring hot and searing steaks. Welding gloves work just as well.

I also have a ceramic cooker which is famous for flashbacks and I wear the fireplace gloves any time I have to open the lid when the temp is over 300. Got tired of people asking why I didn't have any hair on my arms.

I use “Best Gloves”, neoprene large, model number 6784R-10. They’re black so they don’t stain. They're heavy duty and they’ve worked out great for me.

Ken

I have the same as John's, but mine are not that long. I found mine at a restaurant supply store about 4 or 5 years ago and they still look like new. I'm very satisfied with them.

Rita

I have a pair of West Chester Jersey Lined PVC gloves I picked up at Home Depot for less than $5. They have held up well, and since they are red to begin with, I haven't noticed any discoloration from the rubs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">also have a ceramic cooker which is famous for flashbacks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Come over to conversation

That's a good link dudley. I've had a pair for a couple of years. Their sill like brand new. Good quality for the price. Great rubs also.

Matt

Back