BBQ books?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Does anyone have any books on bbq that they would recommend. I was told that "Smoke and Spice" is great, and Paul Kirk's sauce book is very good. Any other recommendations?

Paul Kirks would be my pick of the two you mentioned.( I own this book)
Lots of good recipes for rubs, marinades, sauces, etc.

I have both of Paul Kirk's book. His new one "Championship BBQ" is even better than his first one. I would reccomend both those books.

Also Kansas City BBQ Society's "BBQ, it's Not Just for Breakfast Anymore" is a real good BBQ book too.

Lots and lots of past discussion on this subject. Click the "Find" button and do a search on "bbq books" and you'll find several good threads.

Oh, and the ones listed on the Shopping page are my favorites.

Regards,
Chris

I absolutely love the books by Steve Raichlin. Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades contains numerous rubs and BBQ Sauces that are excellent. I haven't made one I didn't enjoy yet.

I also use Smoke and Spice a lot. If I could have only 1 (oh...what a horrible thought) I'd probably choose Sauces, Rubs, and Marinades just for the variety.

-Matt

I have both the "Smoke & Spice" and Paul Kirk's BBQ Sauces. Two others that I would recommend are Weber's Big Book of Grilling and Steve Raichlin's How to Grill. Admittedly, these are grilling books but there is also some BBQ recipes in there as well.

I really reallr like Willinghams Championship BBQ book listed on the page Chris referenced above. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I second the motion on Raichlen's books (especially "How to Grill" for grilling). Just finished reading that fantastic meat book, The Complete Meat Cookbook by Bruce Aidells and Denis Kelly (perfect if you want to learn which steaks come from where on the steer), and Robb Walsh's "Legends of Texas Barbecue." Both were fascinating.

I'd also recommend that Barbecuing & Sausage-Making Secrets by Charlie and Ruthie Knote (out of print, but you can find it----I think I got mine at Barnes and Noble.com for $15, since Amazon's used ones were going for $90).

Lastly, I can't recommend these old books I got off of ebay, but I'll name them cuz they tickle me: Jim Beard's Complete Book of Barbecue & Rotisserie Cooking (1954---and it's THE James Beard, btw). Sunset Barbecue Cookbook (1957). The Master Chef's OUtdoor Grill Cookbook (Culinary Arts Institute, 1963). The American Illustrated Cook Book of Barbecues (1972). Better Homes and Gardens Barbecues and Picnics (1963). Gourmet International's Barbecue Cookbook (The Fine Art of Outdoor Cooking---1972). Sunset Barbecue Cookbook (1950).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back