BB Ribs my way.(first time pics post)

Wolgast

TVWBB Olympian
Well i have been here for a long time "idle" and just read other posts. Learned alot during this time ofc but i saw different things that i would like to make a comment to.(then i regged up)

That aside here is my first post cooking bbq on this forum.

Protein: loin back ribs?(aka baby back ribs) size decide the cut name i guess? mine were at 1.2 kg

Wood: Apple

Rub : sweet and hot(we all got one of these right) Small cut of these backs was coated in mustard then rubbed,big ones just rubbed.
Did that make a taste diff? Answer is not that i could taste.

Grill started: at 3/4 chmimney unlit mm/and added 20 lit ones for this smoke

thought i was going for a fast high heat(325-375) but hey the new mark of coals thought other wise.

So it took longer then i thought,(6 1/2 hours)I´ll try to get sum decent pics of the run.

well this was more "FOTB" then i want but still great taste.

Enjoy.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

//me

Very nice. I think I may have to take some ribs out of the freezer for tomorrow.
Thanks for the pics, Wolgast.

Yup the Weber kettle does great work on ribs. People have been grilling them for fifty years now. Sometimes I throw a rack on there with nothing but salt and pepper and they come out tasting toatally different than smoked ribs and I mean in a good way. Nice work.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert Oleksak:
Yup the Weber kettle does great work on ribs. People have been grilling them for fifty years now. Sometimes I throw a rack on there with nothing but salt and pepper and they come out tasting toatally different than smoked ribs and I mean in a good way. Nice work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I highly recommend people do this with different woods. That way you remove the rub or the sauce from the equation and get a real feel for the flavor of the woods.

Oh, and OP, fantastic job on the ribs and the pics!!

Great Post!

That looks like some good American style BBQ to me. Judging by the pics, the doneness looks perfect to me. That's how I like them.

Keep posting! Great Job!

Thx for the comments.

About the smoke wood Hickory,mesquite isnt growing here in sweden so i have to get the weber "smoke bags" witch is nice to alter with,even use the Jack Daniel's® Wood Smoking Chips(oak barrels used to age whiskey in and then choped up to chips)

But my neighbor just cut down one of his apple tree´s and i was not slow to react on that
icon_wink.gif

So now i have a bunch of apple wood,i took of the bark(read sumwere that bark is not prefered for smoking?) and choped it up in cubes 2x2"
Will last this summer with some altenation with other type of wood.

My brother just got this bbq "fever" and bought himself a big offset smoker and i know he is sitting on a big batch of cherry wood,so i will get sum of that to.

I´w had my share of unsmoked meat now i wanna try to perfect my smoking skills(just orded a 22"wsm)

Will keep u all updated.

Bless

//Me

Mist every 30-45 min with 4/5 applejuice 1/5 apple cider vinegar.

They look a bit dry on that "cut up" pics they were not have another one here:

//Me

Back