Bargain Red Kettle

I wasn't too impressed with the smoker as it's nothing quality wise compared to Weber, but for camping trips it will be awesome. Small enough to load easily and can convert to regular grill without too much hassle. I can add a picture later if anyone is interested.

Great score. I ordered two from Ralph's a couple of years ago for $150.00 each, shipped free to the east coast from CA. I thought that was a super deal. There were quality issues with the ceramic coating but you can't get a Master Touch for anywhere near that price. Enjoy!

If you’re anywhere near Carl Junction Missouri you can get your hands on a brand new Weber grill for under $100. Bought this one Saturday. At the time there were a couple pallets of them. Also had Masterbuilt smokers for $35. View attachment 53929
Amazing, I only live 3 miles away from that place, I already own the RED LE purchased from Amazon when it first came out. I have yet to use it along with 2 other unused 22" kettles, I may be somewhat of a hoarder! I will probably have to pass.

How is the quality of the paint, any chips?

Amazing, I only live 3 miles away from that place, I already own the RED LE purchased from Amazon when it first came out. I have yet to use it along with 2 other unused 22" kettles, I may be somewhat of a hoarder! I will probably have to pass.

How is the quality of the paint, any chips?
Hey Eric I haven’t taken it out of the box yet. My dad bought one Friday and told me about them. His was in perfect shape. He did mention the legs were a pain to attach with some spring loaded clip.

I think this was a well intended idea on Weber’s part. They could no longer make red kettles in the US, so they went across the Pacific. Unfortunately, something was lacking in how the porcelain work was done as exemplified by so many new ones with badly chipping off porcelain and a less than stellar orange peel red color.

E6A027F1-D3BF-4A34-A7E4-C7C3305B5D9F.jpeg

If you are fortunate to have one that came out nicer, count yourself fortunate and enjoy!

If you’re anywhere near Carl Junction Missouri.... this got my attention because I grew up in the middle of nowhere Missouri... turns out Carl Junction is about 250 miles west of nowhere Missouri, which is also.... nowhere Missouri. But, If it was within a half hour of my house I'd go buy one! 35 dollar, 22 inch kettle? That's a deal!

I believe he meant $35 for the MasterBuilt smoker. The Weber is $100, which by today’s pricing is still an amazing deal.

Back