Balsamic chuck steak

Brad Olson

TVWBB Diamond Member
I mentioned an English chuck roast in RichPB's thread about chuck steak so I thought I'd provide some additional details. It's actually a spin on the Top Sirloin With Broccolini recipe found on page 80 of Weber's Time To Grill.

Last week I cut an English chuck roast horizontally into 2 steaks. The first one met a quick fate at the hands of salt, pepper, and fire but this one hung around for a few days before I got to it.

I mixed up the marinade the night before.

24 hours later the steak was ready for the grill so I put it on my cheap cast iron grate over Duraflame briquettes.

I didn't make the broccolini per the recipe but the marinade worked very well on the beef. It's essentially a vinaigrette so I made a few minor alterations, but the flavors held up and I like that chuck steak is sturdy enough for a good long soak.

Brad I don’t have that particular book but found this on the Weber site. Is this the same thing? I ask because I’m interested in trying this. Your cook looks great. Thanks.

• ¾ cup good-quality balsamic vinegar
• 2-1/2–3 teaspoons light brown sugar
• 1/4cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper

Thanks!

Sorry Rolf, that's not the recipe. But on a positive note, now you have a(nother) book to add to your holiday wish list!

I can't post the recipe because it's copyrighted material, but I will say that I added a small amount of dijon mustard to the marinade. I can't help it; whenever I'm using something that resembles a vinaigrette I feel compelled to add mustard!

Last edited:
Thanks!

Sorry Rolf, that's not the recipe. But on a positive note, now you have a(nother) book to add to your holiday wish list!

I can't post the recipe because it's copyrighted material, but I will say that I added a small amount of dijon mustard to the marinade. I can't help it; whenever I'm using something that resembles a vinaigrette I feel compelled to add mustard!

Thanks Brad, I appreciate it. Now let me go talk to Santa..... :)

Back