Baked cod with

Kind of looks like that cod got sick. I'm sure it was good
was quite good and clean, as in not feeling like we weighed 100# extra after eating dinner.

baked it, fully defrosted, on a wire rack, seasoned with EVOO, SPG and hot chili powder. i let the dry seasonings sit on the fish for 10 minutes so the salt would penetrate the fish and bring the moisture out so that when in the hot oven, convection roast 425F, it would cook quickly and develop a slight outer crust, which it did.

cook time was 9 minutes in a fully temped oven. as soon as i added the pasta to the boiling water, the fish went into the oven so everything was done at the same time.

the fresh garlic infused into the evoo and butter well, dropped in 4 tablespoons of drained capers and added the sauce back to the drained pasta along with two cups of reserved pasta water. tossed in the arugula to the pasta pot as i mixed in the sauce and it wilted nicely.

overall, a fresh and mostly healthy meal. we're trying to get our summer bods in shape for vacation. because everyone's wearing swimsuits in Alaska this summer!

Tried it with a piece of premium halibut and…I will revisit the technique.425E59F5-42AF-43C7-BC17-B9DD77693DDA.jpeg
it was very pretty but, the fish was a little “flat”, I think it might have benefited from a bit of butter. The pasta was quite nice, didn’t have any arugula but, the spinach worked pretty nicely. I’ll do that method again for sure.

Last edited:
Tried it with a piece of premium halibut and…I will revisit the technique.View attachment 48175
it was very pretty but, the fish was a little “flat”, I think it might have benefited from a bit of butter. The pasta was quite nice, didn’t have any arugula but, the spinach worked pretty nicely. I’ll do that method again for sure.
Any green is good as you’re just wilting it. A little fresh acid, lemon or lime, will lift the fish flavor and offer a good contrast to the oil and butter on the pasta. But of course you can add butter to the fish. I like to hard sear halibut in a CI skillet, which could work well for your recipe. Chilean sea bass would also be amazing on this pasta bed and it naturally has a sweeter flavor profile. Again, hot hard CI seared.

Back