Bad Ribs!

Tony Hunter

TVWBB Pro
Well, it finally happened to me! I smoked two slabs of ribs Sunday; after they got done I took a cooks taste test and Yuk! They were spoiled! They smelled fine out of the packing but there was obviously a problem so I had to throw it all out! Whats worse is the fact that I use some of the rib drippings in my sauce - it had to go too! Even worse, I use some of my sauce in my baked beans - gone! What a bummer of a day! If you want to Read the Full Account you can check it out on my website. Here is a pic of my beautiful but spoiled ribs!
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

Tony,
I feel your pain. I also agree that they look good and you did the right thing in tossing them. As if any of us has not screwed up a dinner!
For some reason, when you do a smoke the anticipation seems to be a bit higher. Best of luck next time!

When you spend 5, 6 or more hours like we do when we BBQ, it really sucks when it doesn't turn out. That's a lot of work and a long time to come up empty handed. I feel your pain! Better luck next time. If there's any clue you had at the time you open the package, please share. I'd sure hate to have that happen.

That is a real bummer. You obviously got bad meat. It is too late now, but you should complain. I don't know how much good it does. I once got chicken from the local super market and when you opened the package, it made you retch. I took it back immediately and they refunded the price, but I saw no effort to check the meat supply. I don't buy chicken there any more and I am careful of the rest of the meat....tom

Thats is too bad, they look great! I've been lucky so far and never had anything like that happen to me. Is there any other signs that something has gone bad other than smell?

Back